Wrote, recorded and released 7 recordings about our National Parks:
- Glacier Soundscapes
- Zion and Bryce Canyon Soundscapes
- Mesa Verde Soundscapes
- National Park Soundscapes
- Waters of Glacier
- Winds of Badlands
- Canyons and Mesas of Bandelier
Wrote 3 pieces for a Dance Troupe performance entitled “Harvest Moon”
Wrote many pieces for ONE ALTERNATIVE, a chamber group comprised of guitar, oboe/ English horn, violin, bass and percussion.
Artist in Residence
6 National Parks, 1 National Preserve and 1 National Monument have invited Jill to be an Artist in Residence; she spent time in these places writing and performing new music created while she was there.
- Mesa Verde (2013)
- Badlands (2015)
- Glacier (2016)
- Wrangell/St. Elias (2017)
- Bandelier (2019)
- Big Cypress (2020)
- Petrified Forest (2021)
- Acadia (2021)
Creates and performs programs of the National Park music with video of the images that inspired the music.
These programs have been shared in National Parks, music festivals, university concert series and churches.
Regularly performs on oboe and English horn with orchestras such as York and Reading Symphonies.
- Zone Music Reporter award for “Best Piano Album with Instrumentation” for Mesa Verde Soundscapes.
- Regular airplay on radio stations and music services worldwide, including satellite radio, Sirius/XM.
- Carnegie Hall performance by Jill of a set of National Park music.
- Performance of National Park Suite, an arrangement of 4 National Park pieces for solo oboe and orchestra, by Berks Sinfonetta.
“Jill Haley’s National Park Series has provided me a view to verdant valleys, soaring mountains, and desert landscapes. Her music adds a unique dimension- I know what they sound like.”
RJ Lannan, THE SOUNDING BOARD
“Utterly captivating, Jill Haley’s “The Canyons and Mesas of Bandelier,” deeply stirs the mind, emotions and imagination.”
Dyan Garris, NEW AGE CD